Thursday, March 24, 2011

His Promises


Why is it that we trust everything else but God and his promises? We put way to much trust in ourselves and those around us, even though we constantly let each other down and forsake one another. I want you to stop right now and think about a time when God forsake you? When He did not carry through on one of his promises. Some of you will answer, “never!” and others will have one or more occasions. Now for those who have one or more occasions in mind I want you to really reflect on that experience and ask yourself if it was God who forsake you or the World. If your answer is still God then I want to ask that you open the Bible and read through God's promises and see for yourself that you are wrong. There isn't a need for you to share it with me and for me to show you it was not God. In his word you will see for yourself that He has not let you down. That's how confident I am in the fact that God's promises are certain and that HE NEVER FAILS. Amen!

I found this great website called The Interactive Bible and here is the link that contains a list what can be said about God's promises to his children. http://www.bible.ca/d-7promises-god.htm

Here they are:

1.He has promised to supply every need we have. The Bible says: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". That's Phillipians 4:19. Now notice, God has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. That would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation thru Jesus Christ. It would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs.

2.God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (II Corinthians 12:9). in fact, He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith. Read Ephesians 2:8. It is through an obedient faith that we have access into the grace of God according to Romans 5:2.

3.God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. This promise is recorded in I Corinthians 10:13. Jude wrote: "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude v 24). Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, "Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee" (Daniel 6:16). He did deliver Daniel from the den of lions

4.God has promised us victory over death. He first resurrected Jesus by way of assuring our resurrection. Peter said: "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses" (Acts 2:32). Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3,4). Later on he adds: "but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Corinthians 15:57).

5.God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

6.God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. (Read Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38).

7.God has promised His people eternal life (John 10:27,28). In closing, let me appeal to you to live so that the promises of God will be yours.

Now for those who still felt it was God who forsake you, do you still feel this way? It was not God my friend, it's Satan trying to make you believe that it is. There are going to be times when we feel let down by God but that's only because we can't understand why things happen the way that they do and because we expect God to give us everything that we want. We are like children, we feel let down when we don't get the toy we wanted. Life on this earth will never be rosy and filled with infinite bliss because of sin. This evil that surrounds us and fills us with greed, hate, jealousy, and other ills that plague our society. We will all continue to suffer the consequences of our actions and the actions of every inhabitant on this earth until Jesus comes again and restores his Kingdom.

Some of us have had to go through some heavy struggles, some of us are going through them right now but somehow we have gotten through them and will get through them again and again. There are people that I know that have lost their jobs and homes but God is still meeting their needs. There are people who have lost their spouse or a child and by the grace of God they are standing strong because God is getting them through it and they are holding on to the promise that He will reunite them in Heaven with their loved ones. There are people who have grown up in broken homes but God has restored them. We must have faith, no matter the circumstance.

I feel very fortunate because I am the child of the One who holds the world, of the one who created it and created me. He is my creator and I know he will not destroy me, instead he gave up his life for me and fills me up with the spirit. He gives me gifts every day and seeks me out because He is in love with me and I with Him. You too are the child of this wonderful God and he is calling you today to have faith in his word.

Which is why today's prayer is,

Thank you God for your promises. Thank you for helping me get through difficult times and for your promise that you will always be there to help. Lord although I can not see what lies ahead I know that it will never be more than I can handle and that even after death you will be there to hold my hand. Lord help me always hold on to your promises, keep my faith strong in times of distress. Thank you for your grace, thank you for your love, thank you for the gift of eternal life. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Great blog post. Love reading it =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete